Monday, December 21, 2009

Radio Silence for a Month - A Sad (but final) Goodbye

Friends --

A few people have been wondering about my whereabouts. So here I am, to say good bye.

I started this blog to get loose and give my take on HR and DeltaHouse. And how I would relish a chance at a new job. Well friends, I'm happy to report I landed a new job that has literally everything I wanted: an HR department, a more professional group, leadership, and HR is revered there too!!!!!

I can't wait to start working at the new place! When I got the offer, I almost ran to the new place to start work. I almost grew wings and flew. I jumped for joy (literally)! I laughed my ass off!

And I realized this: I can't do this blog and work at the new job. It won't work. I'd have to assume that I would freaking hate the new place. And I don't want to hate it. I want to thrive. I want to out-work my co-workers.

So with that, I bid you all farewell. I loved every second of going undercover and doing this. I even made some friends (well, y'know... anonymously). I'll miss the posts, the tweets, and the feedback. But most of all the friends along the way.

To those who read this because you can relate to my plight I will say this: there is hope. Never lose sight of that. I did for a long time (hence, the blog). Never lose hope.

Best Wishes,
The Venting HR Guy

13 comments:

HR Minion said...

Congrats on the job!! I'm sad to see you go though. Good luck!

Steve Boese said...

Congrats Venting! I will miss the blog, and I hope you can continue writing from a better situation sometime soon. Feel free to call in the HR Happy Hour anytime!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the new job!

Southern Wine Trails said...

Great news! Nice to know there's hope. =)

I look forward to seeing a new blogger emerge after you settle in to your new job. One full of zest for the profession with exciting ideas to share.

Congrats on your new position.

wyoksgal said...

I am so happy for you VHRG!! You deserve the new job after what you have been through!! I would love to hear about all the great things that happen at the new place though. Hopefully, as Tammy said, there will be a new blogger emerge from this new job!! Again Congrats and Good Luck!!

Deadhedge said...

Congratulations. With both and you Clue Wagon, leaving the blogosphere, I don't think that I have a reason to read HR blogs anymore.

If you would indulge your readers with an encore, I would love to see the post on how you told Delta House that you would be leaving and their reaction. It could be the actual thing you said or what you wanted to say.

Linda said...

Good luck and farewell! May your new job be everything that you wanted and more! :)

Keep writing, though... cause you do it so well.

Bonita Martin said...

Congrats on the new gig, VHRG! I have to disagree with you about one thing - your blog can still continue. You don't have to hate your job to blog about it, and you can always blog about what happened in your former life. I hope that you don't disappear when you start your dream job!

HR Underling said...

Oh VHR I was wondering where you were...sigh.
I will miss you, now I must find a new annonymous HR blogging cyber boyfriend.
Sonofabitch!
But good luck, and keep in touch-you know what I mean *wink wink*

Unknown said...

You don't call. You don't write. You can connect with a few of us IRL to leverage the network that you built.

Or maybe you don't want to.

Boo.

MJBlogger said...

Congratulations ex-VHRG. I am so glad that you have found a new path. I hope that you find this opportunity to be what you need it to be. Good luck to you and I do hope you start blogging again someday.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog you got here. It would be great to read a bit more concerning that topic. The only thing I would like to see on that blog is a few pictures of any gadgets.
Alex Watcerson
Phone jammer

Dan Johnson said...

Why don't you just come out of the closet? You have my info I think let me know...

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner