Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween: Work Style!

I decided on a vampire for Halloween. And no, the VHRG (went third person on you again... BOOM!) isn't talking about the Twilight vampires. I'm talking old school black cape, pasty skin, fangs, slicked back hair, and blood trailing down the chin.

OK, I want to have the list! Give it to me. I want to know what Halloween costumes you've seen at work. What was awesome? What crossed the line? What revealed too much about a person?

I want to know what costumes you've had to send people home because it showed a little too much.

I want to know about people who weren't at all aware of their body type.

I want to know if someone dressed like another employee, and how that went.

I'll post the best comments as their own posting. I think this could be a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Robin S said...

When I worked at a Retirement Community Campus (long-term care, independent living, etc) one of our 80-yr old residents dressed up as our CEO. He was, shall we say, a VERY suave and sharp-dressed man. She nailed it; slicked her silvery gray hair back, wore glass frames of his style, blue suit, red suspenders,his cologne - everything. She was a hit.

One time I may have personally crossed the line at work: I dressed as Judy Garland with a toilet seat around my neck. Google it if you don't know how/where she died....

Anonymous said...

Here's a summary of actual emails received from my VP:

8:16 a.m.: Does anyone have a cape that I can borrow for tomorrow's Halloween/Giving Campaign Kickoff?

5:59 p.m.: We're still short in our budget and I'm going to Micro-Manage our Travel and Expense budget in an effort to find more $$ so I don't have to lay you off. Effective immediately all airfares >$300 are not allowed.

Next day 8:45 a.m.: Does anyone have black nail polish?

I wish that I could make this stuff up...

Anonymous said...

I once went as a "Bed Bug". I worked at a call center and was just excited to wear pajamas and bring a pillow to work. I was comfy all day. :)

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner