Wednesday, October 28, 2009

More weird stuff that happened to me at work...

... I quit a job to work for another company, in the same building. So I basically just dropped down a few floors in an office building. However, for six months after I stopped working at the first company, the HR Manager there would tell me she had a project for me to work on, and would ask if I could see her that afternoon. I always said, "No problem."

... I had a boss that would buy anything a vendor tried to sell her, so long as they took her to dinner (and drinks... lots and lots of drinks). We had two HRIS systems because of this.

... I had someone ask my marital status in a job interview. Thank goodness I got the job. I think my first thought would have been to sue if I didn't.

... I worked with someone who sneezed so loud, I could hear her on the other end of the office.

... I had a manager who had a meeting with us. After she left, we closed the door and met ourselves to figure out responsibilities for the project she assigned. Realizing that we had a closed door, the manager came back in to clarify something, then left with the door to the room open. We closed it again. She then came back to say something else, then left leaving the door open. We closed it again. She then just opened the door and left. Clearly we weren't allowed to have a closed-door meeting.

... I was doing a phone interview, StoneCold knocked on the door. I motion through the tiny window that I was on the phone. StoneCold nodded in understanding, and then stood there staring at me until I was done with the phone interview. The critically urgent matter: He wanted to hand me a doctor's note for yesterday's absence. The company paid him $5.90 to do that, I did the math.

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner