Sunday, November 8, 2009

OK, I'll ask...

... why do companies have such elaborate systems for applying for jobs? I'm not going to remember the password that has to have letters, and special characters, and numbers. I mean, seriously, how many different ways can I spell, "ILoveBunnySlippers?" Which is my password for everything. I'M APPLYING FOR ONE DAMN JOB!!!!!

... Not to mention that I'm uploading my resume and then filling out little blanks for what's supposed to be on the resume throughout the process. Why is this extra step necessary?

... why are all Taco Bell room temperature's kept at thirty-three degrees? Do they not have refrigerators, and are just leaving the food out?

... if you get rejected for a job, for some reason, I feel like this forever damns you from being able to apply for another job again. Am I crazy for thinking that?

... has anyone ever posted a job "confidentially" on a job board and then had the person they were secretly trying to place apply for it? This has had to have happened, right?

... every job has to suck of some reason, right? Pro athlete: you can't eating dinner be yourself with a parade of fans bugging you. Comedian: perpetual requests to be funny. Author: constant criticism. Anonymous blogger: paranoia... no pay.

... does anyone actually eat the cinnamon raisin bagel? It's always the last bagel on the tray. Can we agree to stop having them added to the batch that gets brought to work?

... do those companies that offer professional help with resumes and applying to jobs work? They seem like a scam to me, be they advertise everywhere.

2 comments:

Dan Johnson said...

Recruiting/placement services can be good. I got my current job through a recruiting firm that specializes in ex-military placements. Choose who you sign up with wisely though.

Anonymous said...

In response to "... every job has to suck of some reason, right?" That's exactly the reason why I blog. Great topic! Cheers :o)

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner