Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I don't know why I'm on the polite kick, but...

At a previous job, a boss I had would stand at my cube opening/non-wall (directly behind me) and wait for me to notice he was there. Usually, that took about a minute. Any longer than that and the boss started breathing hard through his nose (with a nose whistle, did I mention he has a long mustache that fluttered when he breathed? It's more ridiculous that way, but still true, and funny. Let just move on.) to let me know he was there. I finally took this as an insult that this person couldn’t take the time to figure out my name, or have the human decency to do the fake-knock, or say, "Hey VHRG." So the next time it happened, I let the boss stand there breathing hard.

Why?

Because the guy couldn’t call bring himself to call me by name. Anyway, I wanted to let him stand there and see breathe hard waiting for me to notice. Ten minutes later, I finally turned around. The guy looked like he was about the hyperventilate.

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner